Wednesday 22 November 2017

The Wide Window by Lemony Snicket : Book Review



Title  :  The Wide Window

Author  :  Lemony Snicket

Format  :  Hardback

Length  :  217 Pages

Rating  :  ★ ★

Dear Reader,


If you have not read anything about the Baudelaire orphans, then before you read even one more sentence, you should know this: Violet, Klaus and Sunny are kindhearted and quick-witted, but their lives, I am sorry to say, are filled with bad luck and misery. All of the stories about these three children are unhappy and wretched, and the one you are holding may be the worst of them all.


If you haven't got the stomach for a story that includes a hurricane, a signalling device, hungry leeches, cold cucumber soup, a horrible villain, and a doll named Pretty Penny, then this book will probably fill you with despair.


I will continue to record these tragic tales, for that is what I do. You, however, should decide for yourself whether you can possibly endure this miserable story.


With all due respect,


Lemony Snicket

If you haven't read these books before I'm sure you're aware of the movie or possibly the series and know what this series is about.

Honestly, I just didn't enjoy this book at all, I obviously knew what was going to happen which kind of sucks but I didn't mind that too much in the first two books but this one I just didn't want to read. I think I'm going to give up on this series and possibly sell the whole set or something because it just isn't something I'm very interested in anymore.

I can understand how younger people may enjoy these books and I'm sure a few years ago I would have loved them, but unfortunately this is not the type of story I like to read and don't want to waste my time continuing on with something when I could be reading another book/series that I actually enjoy.

That is not to say these books are in any way bad books and that it not in any way putting the author down. These books are targeted at a younger audience anyway therefore I think with that point in mind they are excellent, just sadly not my cup of tea.

No comments:

Post a Comment