Thursday 10 August 2017

Reading Habits + Readabits • Tag


So I found these tags whilst browsing the internet for some bookish type tags. I read someones who put these two tags in one post as they were both very similar. I decided to do that same and have actaully found that a lot of people have actaully done this too. 
Reading Habits was created by BookJazz (see original video here)
Readabits was created by Turning The Pages but apparently the original video is unavailable. (See channel here

Reading Habits  •  Tag


1. Do you have a certain place at home for reading?
Not particularly although I do read a lot at night so I usually read in bed. However during the day I do try to read either downstairs in my living room or in my spare room on the couch. I also love reading in the bath a lot. 

2.  Bookmark or random piece of paper?
Definitely has to be a bookmark. I have way too many but most of them are the free ones I get when I order off Book Depository. I do have one that I got last year off of amazon though which is what I currently use and I love it.

3. Can you just stop reading or do you have to stop after a certain chapter /
     cartain amount of  pages?
It depends on the book but more so than not I usually have to stop at a certain chapter. As for the amount of pages, I do try to set myself a goal of how many pages I'm going to read within that sitting but usually round it to the nearest chapter haaha.

4. Do you eat or drink while reading?
Not really. I mean I have having to hold a book open with on hand when they aint the floppy type that can just sit on my lap and not have to touch. If I'm reading on my phone then yes. I usually do have a glass or water or milk next to me when reading though but eating isn't something I psychically feel comfortable doing.

5. Multitasking : music or tv while reading?
Never. I hate background noise more than anything. Makes me so distracted, can't even have people speaking haha.

6. One book at a time or several at once?
Usually one book but currently I am reading 2 books but that's because one is that 'page a day' book haaha.

7. Reading at home or everywhere?
Usually at home however if I'm reading on my phone I tend to read a lot outside too like either in the car whilst I'm waiting for someone or if I'm a passenger. I also do read (any format) outside or at least in the car when I drop Jake off to the gym and I usually just wait for him in the car whilst reading.

8. Reading out loud of silently in your head?
Always silently in my head but if I feel distracted and feel I haven't taken a line in properly I will reread it out loud to myself.

9. Do you read ahead or even skip pages?
I never skip pages! I sometimes skip the end of a sentence if I'm getting fed up with the book and ain't enjoying it as much. I guess it's not skipping it's more or a scan over it and put the sentence together myself. But that is only if I'm not enjoying the book and getting restless about it.

10. Breaking the spine or keeping it like new?
I hate breaking the spine. I like my books looking new and clean although I do sometimes crack the spine and when I do I actually love it. Talk about contradicting, but it makes me feel like they are mine then. Kind of a hard one.

11. Do you write in your books?
I don't have anything against it and have written in some in the past however I usually use sticky page marker things to keep a quote I like. I love the thought of being like Jessie in Gilmore Girls (if you haven't watched it omg omg omg where have you been?!?!) and write in books and annotate them but I just don't know what to write ☹.


Readabits  •  Tag


1. When do you find yourself reading? Morning, evening, whenever you get the
    chance or all the time?
I usually read in the night because I feel a lot more relaxed. I'm not a morning person, not that I'm grumpy or anything but I tend to take a little longer to come around in the morning and reading always makes me sleepy.

2. What is your best setting to read in?
just a quite setting with not a lot going on. That's why I love my bedroom so much because it's basically all white with a few hinds of grey and black. very calming.

3. What do you do first - Read or Watch?
Always have to read a book first before watching the movie. I have reading a book knowing what's going to happen whereas with a movie I feel like it doesn't take long to watch a film. I usually end up super disappointed with the movie after reading the book though!!

4. What form do you refer - Audiobook, E-book or physical book?
I'm currently writing this post on the 27th July and am actually listening to my first ever audiobook. It's actually pretty decent. I did try before and I didn't like it but this book seems to be good so far. but hands down physical copy all the way.

5. Do you have a unique habit when you read?
No really, at least I don't think so. However if there's a certain face expression mentioned at some point of the book I tend to make that same face expression and then laugh (in my head) at how stupid I am.

6. Do book series have to match?
Umm yes of course. I remember buying the UK edition of Shatter Me then ordering the second book and it was different and ever since I've never bought a books in a series that are matching. I've even put off buying the Alianted series as I can only find the last book in hardback and not paperback haha.

2 comments:

  1. I like physical copies the best as well! Audiobooks are hard to get into, at least they were for me! I read out loud whenever I don't really comprehend something, so usually when I'm reading classics for school! :D I normally like reading multiple books at once just because I'm a massive mood reader and feel the need for something else!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I almost always have coffee with me and prefer to stop at the end of a chapter. I will read or listen anywhere. Once I have gotten past the first chapter, I could read at a rock concert and block it out..LOL

    ReplyDelete