Monday 3 July 2017

The Princess Saves Herself In This One by Amanda Lovelace : Book Review


Title  :  The Princess Saves Herself In This One

Author  :  Amanda Lovelace

Format  :  Paperback

Length  :  156 Pages

Rating  :  ★ ★ ★ ★

"Ah, life- the thing that happens to us while we're off somewhere else blowing on dandelions & wishing ourselves into the pages of our favorite fairy tales."


A poetry collection divided into four different parts: the princess, the damsel, the queen, & you. the princess, the damsel, & the queen piece together the life of the author in three stages, while you serves as a note to the reader & all of humankind. Explores life & all of its love, loss, grief, healing, empowerment, & inspirations.



Let me just start off by saying this book was amazing!!

I read this within half hour whilst in the leisure center car park waiting for my boyfriend to come out of the gym and I loved it. It's a collection of poem spilt into 3 different sections all explaining a different part of her life through poetry. 

Now, I've seen a lot of people talk about how this isn't poetry and pressing enter after every word or few words does not make something poetry. And maybe it doesn't but this story was beautiful. It was full of love and heartbreak and sadness and from reading it you felt all of those emotions plus more.

It's amazing what so little words can make you feel. I mean this was a short little book with only a number of words on each page and it made me feel so much more emotion than a lot of 400 page book shave done. 

After I read this it kind of made me feel strong and independent but also sad. It was such a strange feeling but I loved every minute of reading this. 

I could have give this a 5 star rating but at the same time I felt there was something missing that I couldn't place my finger on. 



No comments:

Post a Comment