Wednesday 19 July 2017

The Diary of an Oxygen Thief by Anonymous : Book Review


Title  :  Diary of an Oxygen Theif

Author  :  Anonymous

Format  :  Paperback

Length  :  151 Pages

Rating  :  ★


Hurt people hurt people. Say Holden Caulfield was an alcoholic and Lolita was a photographer's assistant and somehow they met in Bright Lights Big City. He's blinded by love. She by ambition.



As much as I wanted to love this book I absolutely did not. I will be honest and say I only made it to page 102 simply because I didn't feel it was worth reading till the end to find out what happened. I know it's only like 49 pages but not for me.

I started this book in a good mind set and really hopeful for something great. I think my expectations were a little high but honestly they weren't super highly mainly because I didn't really know what it was about.

So this book is written from a mans perspective. When you read it, he is actually talking to you as the reader and throughout the book he refers to you reading it saying things such as 'you may be reading this...'. The man is arrogant and messed up and simply not someone I care to read a book about. I believe this is a memoir therefore some of the events may have either not occurred or may be dramatised for effect but unfortunately this book didn't do it for me.

I can't say anything more than that. I wish I didn't waste the time I did reading this because, to me, it was totally not worth it. Apologies if this is a book you love or anything but sadly that effect was not happening for me and if I couldn't rate it I would definitely not.

No comments:

Post a Comment